Indian Gooseberry also known as Emblica Officinalis is known to be a robust source of Vitamin C. The Amla fruit is very nourishing. It tastes sour. Both dried and fresh fruits can be used. Due to its strong, cooling and laxative properties it has been widely used in hemorrhage, diarrhea and dysentery. It also prevents infection due to the antibacterial and astringent attributes present in it. It has been widely used for treatment of leucorrhea and atherosclerosis. In India, consuming gooseberry is considered the best antidote against aging-related disorders.
Gooseberry juice has great strength to replenish your lost energy source. The presence of antioxidants like vitamin C is one of main factors of sourcing back your energy. This small fruit amla (gooseberry) has the same food value as two oranges, which is anti-scorbutic. Gooseberries are very good for those suffering from respiratory problems. It is one of the main ingredients in Ayurveda as it has carminative and stomachic properties. It is also used to cure problems like diabetes, cerebral, gastro & cardiovascular illnesses, low libido and many more.
Health Benefits of Amla
Amla contains many nutrients, it is abundant with Vitamin C and is beneficial for our body no matter in what form it is eaten. Amla strengthens our digestive system and it increases the resistance power of our body. It is also used in the making of many herbal medicines. Eating Amla regularly will help you maintain good health. It provides remedies for many diseases so it is widely used in Ayurvedic medicines. Gooseberry is very rich in Vitamin C. It contains many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex. Amla is also a powerful antioxidant agent. Many health problems are conduced by oxidative damage (when body cells use oxygen they produce by-products that can cause damage). Antioxidant agents prevent and repair such damages. Vitamin C is a good antioxidant agent and so is Gooseberry. The health benefits of amla include the following:
- Hair Care: Amla is used in many hair tonics. It enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation. It strengthens roots of hair, maintains color and luster. Eating fresh fruit or applying its paste on hair roots improves hair growth and color. Amla oil is very popular in India as it serves as a very good hair growth booster thereby preventing hair loos.
- Eye Care: Taking Gooseberry juice with honey is good for improving eyesight. It improves nearsightedness and cataract. It reduces intraocular tension.
- Diabetes: Gooseberry contains chromium. It has a therapeutic value in diabetics. Indian Gooseberry or Amla stimulate the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin. Thus it reduces blood sugar in diabetic patient.
- Heart Disease: Gooseberry strengthens heart muscles. So heart pumps blood flawless throughout the body.
- Infection: Due to its antibacterial and astringent attributes the Indian Gooseberry protects against infection. It improves body resistance.
- Diarrhea & Dysentery: Due to its strong, cooling and laxative properties Gooseberry is useful for remedies for diarrhea and dysentery. It is a great relief for gastric syndrome and hyperchlorhydria (burning sensation in abdomen).
- Improving Appetite: Consuming Gooseberry powder with butter and honey before meal improves appetite. It helps in balancing Nitrogen level and thus increases weight in a healthy way.
- Anti Aging: Amla prevents health related hyperlipidaemia through attenuating oxidative stress in the ageing process.
- Excellent Source of Vitamin-C: Amalaki is the most concentrated form of Vitamin C found in the plant kingdom, and when the whole fruit is used rather than an active ingredient, the Vitamin C is easily assimilated by the human body. The Vitamin C in the Amalaki fruit is bonded with tannins that protect it from being destroyed by heat or light.
- Fortifies Liver: Amla-Berry helps purify the Rasa Dhatu (nutrient fluid) and Rakta Dhatu (blood), thus supporting the functions of the liver. It also strengthens the liver, helping it in eliminating toxins from the body. Research shows that Amalaki helps lower cholesterol.
- Enhances Fertility: By balancing Apana Vata and by nurturing all the dhatus (body tissues), Amla-Berry also keeps menstruation regular and healthy. Amla-Berry supports the reproductive systems of both men and women and can help overcome difficulty in conceiving.
It is a vrishya herb, which means that it enhances all the seven tissues (dhatus), including the reproductive tissue. This herb nurtures the ovaries and sperm, and it has a property called garbhasthapana, which means it enhances fertility and the possibility of conception. It is especially nurturing for women, strengthening the uterus and supporting reproductive health.
Amla Candy Benefits
Amla Candy is the dried form of Amla Fruit in Sugar Syrup. Children do not like to eat Amla fruit due to its sour taste however they love to eat amla candy, as it is very tasty. There are many nutritional benefits when eating dried candied amla, also known as Amla Candy. Amla Candy is like any other dry fruit. It lets you enjoy the soft munchy fruit while enriching health. And the second best, the convenience. It can be popped into the mouth anytime, anywhere. Remarkable results follow if Amla Candy is consumed everyday for a month. It is excellent for teeth, gums, bones as well as skin, blood etc.
A total of 86 users are reading this article.