The Multi-Language(ML) Edition of PHPKB knowledge base software allows you to setup your knowledge base in multiple languages. So, you can have a multilingual knowledge base system with the ability to create language files from the admin control panel. The multi-language edition of PHPKB allows you to create new language files, manage languages, edit language variables, save them, create language translators, assign translators to selected language(s), manage translator accounts etc. Multi-Language edition has the support for automatic detection of end-user's system language so that the knowledge base content can be displayed in the auto-detected language. The multi-language edition of PHPKB comes with the English language file by default, however you have the facility to create other language files of your choice and translate the language file variables from the admin control panel of PHPKB knowledge base software.
Multi-Language Features of PHPKB Knowledge Base Software
- The multi-language editions of PHPKB knowledge base software have full support for languages with multibyte characters such as Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Non-Latin char sets including non-UTF-8 encodings and special characters are supported.
- Full support for RTL langauges and ability to specify the language direction i.e. LTR or RTL.
- You can have unlimited number of languages for your knowledge base.
- Languages can be made active/inactive for visibility on the public area of your knowledge base.
- Special user account for language translators so that they can login to the admin area and translate the language file(s) assigned to them.
- Ability to set a default language for the public area.
- Reports and Knowledge Base Statistics based on the selected language.
- Ability to see who recently made changes to the language file and when.
- Facility for the knowledge base users (readers) to access the content under various active languages via an easily accessible language selection menu.
- Coming up with the facility to associate different language versions of an article so that when an article is being viewed in English, the user can switch to another language version of the same article via language selection menu and vice-versa.
Language Files Management - Screenshots
Please have a look at the various screenshots of languages management section of PHPKB admin control panel to see how easy it is to create, manage and edit langauge files.