Superusers and Editors can manage News/ Announcements in the knowledge base. Click "Manage" link in "News" section of left navigation bar to open "Manage News" page. In ML editions, you can manage the news items posted under different languages by navigating through the language drop-down available on right side of the screen.
This screen contains columns which are explained below:
- ID: This column displays the auto generated serial number of the news item in the database.
- Title: This column shows the title assigned to the news. Click on the title to view news details.
- Author: This column displays name of the person who published the news.
- Visible: This column allows you to turn on/off the visibility of the news in front-end. "Yes" in the column shows the news is visible but you can click on it to change the visibility status to "No".
- Last Update: This column displays the date and time when the news was last modified.
- Expiry: This column displays the date of expiry i.e. up to when the readers can read the news in front-end.
- Actions: This column contains a drop-down menu of the actions that can be performed on the news. These actions are:
- Edit - Click to modify the news.
- Delete - Click to delete the news from the knowledge base.
- You can click on the column title to sort them in ascending or descending order.
- "Select Bulk Action" feature allows you to perform the same action on more than one news item simultaneously. For this, you need to mark the check boxes corresponding to the news items on which operation is desired and then select an action from ’Select Bulk Action’ list and click on "Apply" button.
- You can also recover/delete the auto saved news from "Autosaved" section. Either click on the Autosaved Tab or click on " Autosaved Drafts" link in the news section of left navigation bar to manage the news drafts. Refer article Autosaved News Drafts Autosaved News Draftsfor more details.
- Applicable To: Standard Edition, Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Edition (SQL Server), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)