What is new in version 7 of PHPKB knowledge base software?Estimated Reading Time: 5 Minutes
We have majorly revamped our knowledge platform, PHPKB. The upcoming release i.e PHPKB 7.0, is the most significant release so far. A summary of all the new features in PHPKB 7.0 are available in the product summary for the release. We hope the new features will entice organizations to leverage ’PHPKB Knowledge Management Software’ internally to help employees locate information to answer customer questions or externally for web self-service.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the sales team .
- Implemented TinyMCE as the new WYSIWYG HTML Editor for authoring articles.
- Category wise access for admin users (writer, trusted-writer, and editor) so that they can operate only in the categories that are assigned to their admin group.
- Facility for admin users to login on the front-end knowledge base area using the same username and password as that of their admin account.
- Facility to upload attachment files during article create/edit operations.
- Facility to convert a public category to private and vice-versa.
- Subscribe to category feature for users so that they can subscribe to a category of their choice to receive email notifications whenever a new article is published under that category.
- Added TreeView display for categories on the public area.
- Added 3 layout themes for the knowledge base homepage.
- Added 2 layout themes for the front-end article display page.
- Auto-Save facility during article creation and modification that saves a copy of the content at regular time intervals to prevent loss of unsaved data and/or changes in case of a session timeout.
- Article Link Management .
- Facility to remove expiry date of an article if it was set previously.
- Added publish date feature for articles so that an article gets published on the specified date.
- Added expiry date feature for news and announcements.
- Added Syntax Highlighter Tool in the new WYSIWYG Editor to highlight the source code syntax of various programming languages.
- Highlight search terms in the article content when a user clicks through search results.
- Inherit "Group Permissions" for accessing private categories from existing users while creating a new user or modifying an existing user.
- Facility to whitelist user(s) for the comments section to auto-approve comments posted by them. The comments submitted by a whitelisted user will not require approval before publishing.
- Facility to restrict access to the knowledge base for only logged in users.
- Significant improvements in performance.
- IP Range based login restrictions
- Time-based login restrictions
- Complete log for all actions carried out in the admin control panel
- A complete log of user login sessions
- Ticket history for end users so that they can log in and track the progress of all submitted tickets
- Download log for attachment files