Article ReferrersEstimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
Article referrer’s statistics show from where the request for article pages of your knowledge base has been originated. This feature lets you know which search engines are sending traffic to your knowledge base, for which keywords and which articles receive the search traffic. PHPKB covers search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and some other search engines. Expand "Statistics" section in left navigation bar and click on "Traffic" link. Click "Referrers" tab on article traffic page to view article referrer report. The page consists of two parts:
- The right side of the page shows donut chart representation of articles referred by each referrer as shown below:
It shows the number of articles referred by each search engine. You can place the mouse pointer on any portion of the donut to view the name of search engine and count of articles referred to it. For instance, in the figure above, users found 1,115 articles of your knowledge base through Google.
- In ML editions, you can select a language from language drop-down available on right side of the page to view referrers statistics of that particular language.
- The left side of the page shows a tabular representation of referrers as shown below:
- When you click on the date drop-down above Referrers Statistics table, a date range drop-down list is displayed, select the range to view the referrers for that time period only.
- Referrer: This column displays the name of search engine which sent the traffic to your knowledge base.
- #Refers: This column displays the number of articles referred by the referrer. Click the count or toggle button to view the list of articles referred by referrer (see the screenshot below). It will display 10 articles at a time, you can click on "Show Next 10" button to view next 10 articles. You can also click on article title to view its details.
- Percent: This column displays the percentage share of a referrer in relation to the total.
- Click "Clear History" to remove the data from this database. The data for the selected time period would be permanently deleted from the knowledge base.
- Applicable To: Standard Edition, Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Edition (SQL Server), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)