Creating a new template
Article Templates are reusable pieces of content, including text, tables, images, videos, or any other preformatted snippets you create. You can use article templates to add a signature, custom formatting block, logo, notice, warning, preformatted text, recurring paragraph, boilerplate text etc. for quick insertion to your articles.
Creating an Article Template:
- Expand "Articles" section in the left navigation bar and click on "Article Templates" link. By default, "Manage Templates" page will open. You can click on "Add Template" tab to create a new template.
- In multi-language editions, the template is added to the language selected in language drop-down. The selected language name and icon is displayed on the screen such as English is displayed with 'Template Details' in above screenshot.
- "Title" is the heading of the template. Multiple templates with the same title are not allowed in the knowledge base.
- "Content" inscribe the body of the template. PHPKB provides WYSIWYG editor with various features just like we see in MS-Word to edit the content of a template.
- You can mark the template as active in "Template Options". If active, a template will be visible in inserting template dialog for insertion into the article.
- Click "Preview" button to preview the template before saving.
- Click "Save" button to save the template or you can click on "Cancel" button to abort the process.