How do I migrate/move my installation of PHPKB to another server?Estimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
Completing this is a fairly straight forward process that you can accomplish with the steps given below.
- Download all the files of your current installation.
- Use a tool such as phpMyAdmin (generally available through your hosting control panel, cPanel or Plesk) to make a complete database backup in SQL format.
- Upload the files to your new server.
- Import the database backup from step 2 into the new database server. Again you should be able to do this through phpMyAdmin, unless you have a large database. Should this be the case most hosts will import the database for you if you provide them with the .sql file. Its a process that literally takes a few minutes for them.
- Edit the /admin/include/configuration.php file (in any text editor) and update the database details and other details such as the KB URL.
The KB URL will appear like this:
The database details will appear like this: