How to upgrade from PHPKB version 7.x to 8.0
Here are the steps - how to upgrade from PHPKB 7.x to 8.0.
- Take Backup : Create a backup copy of your current database that is being used by PHPKB 7.x.
- Unzip Upgrade Package : Unzip the contents of upgrade package downloaded. You will see a folder called " phpkbv8 ".
- Uploading Upgrade Package : Upload this folder " phpkbv8 " to the same server of your existing knowledge base, i.e. " phpkbv7x ". This means, if your existing knowledge base can be accessed at http://www.yourdomain.com/phpkbv7x/ then the new version package should be accessible at http://www.yourdomain.com/phpkbv8/
- Initiate PHPKB Installer: Then initiate PHPKB Installer by navigating to the version 8 via web browser (as mentioned in Step 3 ) and follow onscreen instructions to Upgrade .
- Copy Important Files: When Upgrade process is finished then copy " assets " folder from version 7.x folder and put it under the new one. You can check & change read/write permissions of " assets/ " & " assets/tmp/ " folders that you have just pasted under " phpkbv8 " folder. Likewise, copy all language files that are present in " phpkbv7x/admin/languages/ " folder and put them inside the new one, i.e. " phpkbv8/admin/languages/ " folder and set relevant read/write permissions of all files.
- At last, take a test drive to see how it goes.
NOTE: If you are using a non-multi-language edition of PHPKB Software then skip copying language files as there is none.
- Applicable To: Standard Edition, Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Edition (SQL Server), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)