Upgrade Instructions from PHPKB v6.0 or v7.x or v8.0 to v9.0
If you're planning to perform the upgrade on your existing knowledge base version [6.x / 7.x / 8.0] to v9.0 then please follow the steps as explained below.
1. Generate the backup of your existing PHPKB (v6.x / v7.x / v8.0) Database.
2. Create a new database on your server and import the backed up database (you have taken at Step 1).
3. Upload version 9.0 package to your server.
4. Copy all files & folders from "/assets/" folder from your old knowledge base and put it under the same folder in v9 package.
5. Run the installer of version 9.0 by accessing its folder through any web browser.
6. Choose Upgrade option during install.
7. Supply details as requested and complete the upgrade.
8. Copy all the files except en.php from “/admin/languages/” folder from your old knowledge base and put them under the same location in new package. Note: This step applies to Multi-Language editions only and if you are not using any Multi-Language edition then simply skip this step.
That’s all! You’re done!
- Applicable To: Standard Edition, Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Edition (SQL Server), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)