Upgrade Instructions from PHPKB v6.0 or v7.x or v8.0 to v9.0
If you're planning to perform the upgrade on your existing knowledge base version 6.x / 7.x / 8.0 to PHPKB 9.0 then please follow the steps as explained below.
- Generate the backup of your existing PHPKB (v6.x / v7.x / v8.0) Database.
- Create a new database on your server and import the backed up database (you have taken at Step 1 ).
- Upload version 9.0 package to your server.
- Copy all files & folders from " /assets/ " folder from your old knowledge base and put it under the same folder in v9 package.
- Run the installer of version 9.0 by accessing its folder through any web browser.
- Choose Upgrade option during install.
- Supply details as requested and complete the upgrade.
- Copy all the files except en.php from “ /admin/languages/ ” folder from your old knowledge base and put them under the same location in new package.
Note: This step applies to Multi-Language editions only and if you are not using any Multi-Language edition then simply skip this step.
That’s all! You’re done!
- Applicable To: Standard Edition, Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Edition (SQL Server), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)
|Posted by: Palvinder - Tue, May 14, 2019. This article has been viewed 3242 times.
|Online URL: https://www.knowledgebase-script.com/kb/article/upgrade-instructions-from-phpkb-v6-0-or-v7-x-or-v8-0-to-v9-0-182.html
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)